My Turkin just died :( Caught on video.

Mach 1 Padilla

Songster
Jun 5, 2018
My 1 year old turkin just died out of nowhere. I went to feed today and she ran up just fine. After feeding she starting gasping for air and 5 minutes later she was dead. Could it have been a heart attack? All the other chickens are doing fine. I got it on film to maybe find out what happened to her WARNING: VIDEO IS GRAPHIC. The nearest vet is 60 miles away so no way she would of made it. I went to get my axe to put her out of her misery but right when I was going to swing she had a final attack and died.

Feed was layer hen feed stored in a barrel inside a tight(no moister) shed.
Had Plenty of fresh water.
Weather is 70 degrees sunny 20%humidity.

RIP :(
IMG_8943.JPG thumbnail_IMG_0158.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0160.jpg

Last edited:
After doing some research I think that's what might have happened. Ate to quick and choked. Hopefully that was it and not a disease.
My lizard did the EXACT same thing because he choked on lettuce. I'm very sorry for your loss! Just know that there are many people that experience this, and many are on BYC! We are all here for you. :hugs:thumbsup

So sorry for your loss. It is upsetting to see them struggling. Just the other day when I was feeding the chickens, my 8 year old rooster who had been eating a bowl of wet chicken feed with his hens, gasped and fell over dead. Just like that. He had been a good and gentle rooster.

So sorry for your loss. It is upsetting to see them struggling. Just the other day when I was feeding the chickens, my 8 year old rooster who had been eating a bowl of wet chicken feed with his hens, gasped and fell over dead. Just like that. He had been a good and gentle rooster.
I'm very sorry for your loss. That must have been just awful... :hugs

Back
Top Bottom