MY YOUNGER CHICKEN GOT INTO A FIGHT

JulieLe

In the Brooder
Sep 25, 2020
So basically today I got a brand new chicken and It was a little bigger than my younger chicken but way more mature and stronger, my younger chicken pecked it’s head and the big chicken started I believe biting beaks and jumping on top, now my younger chicken is scared and really depressed and bored, what am I suppose to do here is a picture of the new chicken
image.jpg

So basically today I got a brand new chicken and It was a little bigger than my younger chicken but way more mature and stronger, my younger chicken pecked it’s head and the big chicken started I believe biting beaks and jumping on top, now my younger chicken is scared and really depressed and bored, what am I suppose to do here is a picture of the new chicken View attachment 2622044
They'll get used to each other.
It happens every time you add a new chicken to an existing flock.
After a week or so they'll accept each other. It can be hard to watch but it's just what happens in nature.

Did you just throw them together? Chickens are territorial and will try to fight off newcomers. You really should've put the new bird in see-but-don't-touch for a while, so the two could acclimate to one another before actually interacting with each other, but what's done is done. As long as they don't actually injure each other, just let them fight it out at this point. Make sure there's some spaces for the birds to hide from each other if needed, as well as additional feeders to prevent them from hogging resources.

Did you just throw them together? Chickens are territorial and will try to fight off newcomers. You really should've put the new bird in see-but-don't-touch for a while, so the two could acclimate to one another before actually interacting with each other, but what's done is done. As long as they don't actually injure each other, just let them fight it out at this point. Make sure there's some spaces for the birds to hide from each other if needed, as well as additional feeders to prevent them from hogging resources.
So sorry for late reply xo

But yes, they have gotten use to each other. The first week I kept them seperated but they were still able to see each other, they gotten use to seeing each other so much to the point my younger one started laying!! Now they follow each other like best friends

Back
Top Bottom