My ZIP looks like a crack.....is it ok? **UPDATE PICS ON PG 2

LOL, my eggs never cease to surprise me, just when i think I've killed the whole lot, babies start poppin out everywhere! Good luck, be sure to update us with pictures!

Here is what I'm dealing with... this will make you feel better.

lexies2edit.jpg

My disclaimer is that I have been hatching for years... please don't try to tweezer if you are new to this, and don't do it just because. The back story is that this chick was "gurgling" and literally gasping for air with liquid in its mouth. Now, it is zipping vertically!

Quote:
Wow, how did you know it was gurgling?

Its beak was out and bubbly liquid was going in and out as it breathed.

It's out now... doesn't look the best. Very wet. Very small. I'm leaving it be for awhile and just watching from the windows. I still have lots more to hatch so I don't want to lift the lid too much. If you are interested, I have a thread going about it - if you want to follow. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=292603

I just checked on mine and now there is like a light brownish liguid coming out of it, is that supposed to happen I have never heard it mentioned before.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out. I hope all goes well with all of yours.

Quote:
That is exactly what this one was doing. It's under developed and SOAKING wet.

I have had that happen before and I didn't assist. They always drown. This one I did assist and it may end up having to be put down. Like I said, I am giving it time. Sometimes that is all they need.

Back
Top Bottom