MyPetChicken is a scam - do not buy from them

I have ordered pullets from them twice, great experience both times, and beautiful birds! They are always quick to respond via chat on their website or email. I'm sorry you had a bad hatch but I don't necessarily think it's at any fault of their's.

From their website-
Hatching egg results will vary even if you are experienced, so while our eggs are guaranteed to arrive intact and beautiful, we cannot guarantee your results.
I have pullets that are supposed to be shipped the week of June 5, but have a wisdom teeth surgery on the 6th. What day of the week did you get your order?

I have pullets that are supposed to be shipped the week of June 5, but have a wisdom teeth surgery on the 6th. What day of the week did you get your order?
I believe my chicks shipped on Tuesday and arrived on Thursday. I think you'll be good, it's usually a 2-3 day trip. What did you order?

Last edited:
Horrible experience with MyPetChicken. Zero out of 13 eggs hatched and the company wanted to offer 50% discount off another order of overly priced unfertilized eggs.

The entire experience and communication with the company screams SCAM.

I had a charge back issued via my credit card company. I suggest you avoid this business that should be shut down. Save your time effort and money and buy from a reputable source.

MyPetChicken is NOT a legitimate experience.

Has anyone else here had a positive experience with these folks? Look at their BBB reviews - everyone has had a horrible experience with this company.
Mishandled packages remains the #1 cause of damaged goods especially live chicks and fertile eggs. https://dontthrowmypackage.com/2014/01/07/usps-mailman-throwing-a-delivery-package-at-my-door/

Horrible experience with MyPetChicken. Zero out of 13 eggs hatched and the company wanted to offer 50% discount off another order of overly priced unfertilized eggs.

The entire experience and communication with the company screams SCAM.

I had a charge back issued via my credit card company. I suggest you avoid this business that should be shut down. Save your time effort and money and buy from a reputable source.

MyPetChicken is NOT a legitimate experience.

Has anyone else here had a positive experience with these folks? Look at their BBB reviews - everyone has had a horrible experience with this company.
I haven't bought eggs yet, but did buy day old chicks. They came from meyer hatchery and all arrived alive and healthy. All 7 lived at least 3 years and 4/7 are still alive after almost 6 years.

Interesting, I noticed their photos tended to turn up on other sites and the trail seems to lead to Meyer. I also mentioned Meyer to customer service and the lady on the line said "I think they're a very good hatchery" I thought that was interesting to up the competition, but then figured after see the photos it might be more of a relationship.
I think they work with a few hatcheries, but my day old chicks ordered through them came from Meyer.

Interesting, I noticed their photos tended to turn up on other sites and the trail seems to lead to Meyer. I also mentioned Meyer to customer service and the lady on the line said "I think they're a very good hatchery" I thought that was interesting to up the competition, but then figured after see the photos it might be more of a relationship.
Actually the mypetchicken website says that the ga company address has no store front all birds ship from partner hatcheries in OH ( meyers), California an tn

I ordered from my pet chicken a couple months ago for my last small batch. My post office info said they were shipped from Meyers.

Back
Top Bottom