MyPetChicken is a scam - do not buy from them

ChickenWho321

Hatching
Apr 8, 2022
Horrible experience with MyPetChicken. Zero out of 13 eggs hatched and the company wanted to offer 50% discount off another order of overly priced unfertilized eggs.

The entire experience and communication with the company screams SCAM.

I had a charge back issued via my credit card company. I suggest you avoid this business that should be shut down. Save your time effort and money and buy from a reputable source.

MyPetChicken is NOT a legitimate experience.

Has anyone else here had a positive experience with these folks? Look at their BBB reviews - everyone has had a horrible experience with this company.

I'm sorry you've had such a terrible experience with My Pet Chicken. I've purchased supplies from them for years without an issue. I don't believe they are a scam.

Please be aware that there are so many reasons shipped eggs do not develop. A lot of the issue is with the shipping handling which rattles and shakes the eggs so much that the air cells detach. It also depends so much on your incubator or broody hen set up.

Be aware that a LOT of sellers do not guarantee their egg hatch rates at all for those very reasons. It was actually quite legit to offer 50% off the next set of eggs.

So I wouldn't jump to My Pet Chicken being a fraud. Their policy is standard practice.

I'm sorry your eggs didn't develop. Even with local breeders, I've had failed hatches. It happens.

LofMc

Edited to add...I just checked the BBB rating...it's only 17 reviews. Some of the excellent rating, some fair/poor. Most of the poor ones My Pet Chicken has fairly responded to. That's a drop in the bucket compared to the business they do each year.

I've had them send the wrong No Crow Collar, contacted them, and they did not require me to send back the wrong size, but sent a new one in its place for free.

So again, I'm so sorry you had such a terrible experience. Anytime live animals or eggs are sent there is a huge risk (which is why I avoid shipped eggs or animals).

BTW: I do not work for nor am I connected with My Pet Chicken in any way. I just thought it might be good to hear different experiences.

LofMc

Horrible experience with MyPetChicken. Zero out of 13 eggs hatched and the company wanted to offer 50% discount off another order of overly priced unfertilized eggs.

The entire experience and communication with the company screams SCAM.

I had a charge back issued via my credit card company. I suggest you avoid this business that should be shut down. Save your time effort and money and buy from a reputable source.

MyPetChicken is NOT a legitimate experience.

Has anyone else here had a positive experience with these folks? Look at their BBB reviews - everyone has had a horrible experience with this company.
People who sell fertile eggs go to a lot of trouble to pack and ship them is why they're expensive. Buying eggs from anyone that has to ship them is risky business.Buy local and get better prices and better hatch rates.

I have ordered pullets from them twice, great experience both times, and beautiful birds! They are always quick to respond via chat on their website or email. I'm sorry you had a bad hatch but I don't necessarily think it's at any fault of their's.

From their website-
Hatching egg results will vary even if you are experienced, so while our eggs are guaranteed to arrive intact and beautiful, we cannot guarantee your results.

Interesting, I noticed their photos tended to turn up on other sites and the trail seems to lead to Meyer. I also mentioned Meyer to customer service and the lady on the line said "I think they're a very good hatchery" I thought that was interesting to up the competition, but then figured after see the photos it might be more of a relationship.

Interesting, I noticed their photos tended to turn up on other sites and the trail seems to lead to Meyer. I also mentioned Meyer to customer service and the lady on the line said "I think they're a very good hatchery" I thought that was interesting to up the competition, but then figured after see the photos it might be more of a relationship.
🤷 All I know is what I was told by csr when I asked. And a lot of their EE's are specific to MPC

Back
Top Bottom