Mysterious, painful leg

OK, I am going to run there quick before they close! How do I dose that to them? How much and in water?

I thought the same, I felt and its hard to explain. Soft/liquidey maybe but I can feel the scratch in there too. Would that make her act run down and weird? She was just standing around dozed off outside and I put her in the coop while everyone was going to bed and she went straight back to the nest :/

I got the liquid

Debbie is still acting REALLY weird. Shes been in the nesting box with her head tucked in all night but she is standing.... Any idea why she doesnt want to sit or lay down?

Im sorry to be a pain. Things have just been so hard lately and I just lost my favorite oranda fish tonight so I am just starting to really lose it!!!

Anything thing that I can check on her to rule anything out?

How much liquid per gallon of water? And is it safe to use with an 8 week old?

Sorry for the triple post but her crop is still full this morning, any thoughts on what to do? Still lame and puffed up with a hoarse voice

Edit- I have read about sour crop so I held her upside down and massaged and after 10-20 seconds a good 2-4 tablespoons of liquid came out. I stopped 10 seconds after it stopped coming out.

What else do I do?

Last edited:
The Corid is safe for all ages. It is what is used in medicated chick starter...only stronger. I use a tablespoon per gallon... Little more won't hurt.
The sick hen, give plenty of water with vitamins and veggie or olive oil. Get some apple cider vinager and put some in her water also and make her drink it.... It will help change the ph level in her crop. I'd seperate her, keep her warm and not give her any chicken food. You can give very small amounts of safe food..I like parrot baby formula, but baby food...scrambled egg... But I'd get some poultry nutri drench vitamins..it absorbs quickly and help keep her body going until she can eat. This is a post that someone used Monostate to help cure theirs....never tried it yet myself. Important thing is to get that crop moving again... You can even inject the vitamin water mix under the skin to help absorbs ion since the crop is malfunctions..

Thank you!

Should I try to drain her again? Her crop is still full and she looks miserable. Her bottom is very messy with lighter poop everywhere. She is very hunched over, puffed up, and sounds very nasally and stuffed up sounding. My mom talked to someone who had this and when he was draining her this morning, she died. Is this common? Anyway to prevent it?

How much apple cider vin. vs water? And then just add how much olive oil to that too?

Any other ideas for food besides eggs? I doubt I can find baby parrot food

Back
Top Bottom