Mysterious, painful leg

Haha, well it's nice to know someone cares about her :)

She said she was worried about her being so calm and sleepy there more than what her leg looked like. I will keep you posted on her progress and any updates I hear from the vet.

Thanks for all your help!

Now hopefully work doesnt find out because I had to call in sick to get her there
yippiechickie.gif

I can answer the question about the bead like things...it's grit :) I just had to respond to that question, now I will go back and read the rest of the posts! :)

I think from use, they get worn down and become more round. Also, the stones in MN are round. It was amazing to see all those pretty round river stones :)

theacw, I think your vet did all the right things. I've paid $200.00 for laser on my horse. Twice. And I got dumped one day so she used it on me, and I should have been super sore the next day, but I felt fine. It does work .

Thanks for sharing all that info. I think she called it right. Bad infection, xray looks like it's not affecting the bones. Antibiotics and pain reliever and cream-what more could you ask for?

theacw, I think your vet did all the right things. I've paid $200.00 for laser on my horse. Twice. And I got dumped one day so she used it on me, and I should have been super sore the next day, but I felt fine. It does work .

Thanks for sharing all that info. I think she called it right. Bad infection, xray looks like it's not affecting the bones. Antibiotics and pain reliever and cream-what more could you ask for?

Yes, I am very glad it went well with her! She has called me and emailed me to check in with her already so I am glad she is so caring. We also did a poop test and she said the results came back with moderate coccidias(sp?)

Can I ask a question off topic? My buff orp today has been in the nest all day, her tail feathers are really roughed up looking, she has bad breath and is acting WEIRD. Like stressed, low energy and all hunched up. The pine shavings under where she roosted are really wet and yellow looking. Any idea what is going on?
I found an egg with a "string" (not a smear) of blood. I can ALWAYS tell who's egg is who's except this time! It is a complete combination of both of theres!

If one has Coccidiosis, so can all of them. Treat with Corid immediately. The appearance of yellow diarrhea is usually a sign of a bacterial infection. You may want to get that one to the vet also!

AH! When it rains, it pours!

I dont remember seeing corid at our local fleet store (fleet farm) in the chicken area. Is there another area it may be in?

Back
Top Bottom