Mystery Eggs

Isabella F

Chirping
Jun 10, 2017
Ct
Hi, I believe that I have two pullets that have started laying. I have only gotten one or two eggs a day so far- all with perfectly fine egg shells. I only think I have two hens but I got three eggs one day and I don't think that a hen can lay 2 eggs a day. The only possible explanation is that a silkie that I was possible was a rooster. Do you think that is possible? Two of the eggs had soft shells which I think is perfectly normal because they had just started laying. Any input in helpful.

Hi! Congrats on the eggs!

How old are all youR birds? What breeds are your pullets?

Can you post pics of the eggs together?

How old is the silkie in question and have you heard him crow?

Can you also post pics of "him" and maybe a silkie person can weigh in?

Hi! Congrats on the eggs!

How old are all youR birds? What breeds are your pullets?

Can you post pics of the eggs together?

How old is the silkie in question and have you heard him crow?

Can you also post pics of "him" and maybe a silkie person can weigh in?
I have three 6 month olds, a rooster and two pullets, 2 11-12 week olds an a unknown silkie.i think someone on my family has heard it crow- i may be wrong. I threw out two of the soft shelled eggs so I can't show a pic, sorry.

Oh, I also have another question. Yesterday I got my second regular sized egg but on it are a few dark red- brownish colored smudges or dots I think they might be blood- has this ever happened to you before? Is it safe to eat? And thanks for all the input on my other questions!

Yesterday I got my second regular sized egg but on it are a few dark red- brownish colored smudges or dots I think they might be blood- has this ever happened to you before? Is it safe to eat?
Could be coating pigment that got smeared...or could be a bit of blood, not uncommon with new layers... pic would help. Either should be safe to eat.

Back
Top Bottom