Myurbanfarmers "The Resort" chicken coop

Wow sorry to hear that, sounds like they are proving beyond a doubt they have horrid business practices and even beyond horrid customer service issues...

As for bullying others, if they bullied you, you can bet they have bullied and censored others as that type of behavior should never arise from a business towards a customer except in the most extreme cases...

I might would make note of said harassment from the company in any further corespondent with Amazon...
Can you leave a link, I wanted to read your review but can't seem to find the page...

Here is the link - looks like people are getting started, but Yelp's algorithm is "not recommending" two of the reviews. If anyone has a great experience with them, please post those as well. Supposedly there are several hundred of those folks a month out there.

Last edited:
I did leave a review on them in a different thread. Not sure which coop you have but we have been using a Resort style for a bit and love it! I mentioned in the other post that we had previously purchased a TSC coop and then upgraded to the resort due to the number of chickens we accumulated. I can clearly see a difference in quality when comparing the 2 side by side.

I was thinking of buying the "Kona" coop from Myurbanfarmers. I have had a couple of conversations with Nicole. Yours seems to be the only positive review that I have read about them.
Now I have to re-think ordering from them.

I was thinking of buying the "Kona" coop from Myurbanfarmers. I have had a couple of conversations with Nicole. Yours seems to be the only positive review that I have read about them.
Now I have to re-think ordering from them.

The owners are shady shady shady. They delete negative feedback off their Facebook page, lie like rugs, and their coops are HORRIBLE. Not to mention their coops are even CLOSE to big enough to keep more than 2 chickens in. If someone is keeping more than two chickens in a Kona coop, that's borderline animal cruelty. Nicole says you can keep TWELVE chickens in there. Unbelievable that these frauds are still in business.....

Their dimensions are clearly listed. (the Kona coop states 6 so whomever says 12 must be confused with the resort model) And as with any chicken coop company they give the same 2-3 sq feet per chicken which is where their numbers come from. The tractor supply gives even less sq ft per chicken recommendation.
eally it is up the consumer to know the dimensions and decide how many chickens work in it for them. That is silly to say only 2 would fit. Some people free range all the time and use the coop for night. Some people don't free range obviously common sense would tell them they can't put as many chickens in a coop as someone who does.
My coop has held up well 6+ months and I haven't have issues.
Sounds like a newbie issue of not reading and measuring properly or knowing what chickens really need. Chickens always do best and are happiest when they get a little freedom.

Their dimensions are clearly listed. (the Kona coop states 6 so whomever says 12 must be confused with the resort model) And as with any chicken coop company they give the same 2-3 sq feet per chicken which is where their numbers come from. The tractor supply gives even less sq ft per chicken recommendation.
eally it is up the consumer to know the dimensions and decide how many chickens work in it for them. That is silly to say only 2 would fit. Some people free range all the time and use the coop for night. Some people don't free range obviously common sense would tell them they can't put as many chickens in a coop as someone who does.
My coop has held up well 6+ months and I haven't have issues.
Sounds like a newbie issue of not reading and measuring properly or knowing what chickens really need. Chickens always do best and are happiest when they get a little freedom.
The 12 must have been for another. I just checked my emails from them. They told me they kept 6 buff orpingtons in the LODGE coop which is smaller than the kona. The kona coop says it can hold 6-8 standard size chickens. There is absolutely no way they would survive in there during the summer. They would roast to death. The coop is NOT predator proof. The door is about an 1/8 an inch of plywood. That coop was good for two things: a brooder and kindling.

So it's not a "newbie issue of not reading and measuring properly or knowing what chickens really need." That's why I came here after I ordered it and realized that I could not confine by birds in such a small, poorly built coop. Glad you like yours, but as you have read, you are the ONLY one with anything positive to say about this company. Go check out their Facebook page. No "review" option? They delete EVERY negative post, and ******** their responses to negative yelp reviews. I paid $500 for that coop and was DEFINITELY ripped off. If you think it's good quality, you must not have seen too many coops:)

Quote: ......and the only posts that @chickenmama2016 has made on BYC is to tout this coop manufacturer.
Would love to see a pic of @chickenmama2016 's myurbanfarmers coop with 6 birds roosting in it taken tonite with 6 months of wear on coop.

Back
Top Bottom