N.E. Chickenstock 2011!!!!!! Who's up for it??

Quote:
Those pockets are riding in my truck... she better not make my ride home TOO stinky http://www.pic4ever.com/images/voodoodoll.gif

See I think my DH and Luvins are in cahoots wth eachother to make sure I keep my promises!
hit.gif
I will be good I will be good I will be good!

Does anyone need a LF Blue Cochin Roo? (He wasn't a hen!) I already have a Splash Roo, so I don't need an extra. I'll save him for the Chickenstock if someone needs one, otherwise I can take him to the poultry auction in Bath. PM me if interested.

I also need a Buff or Cayuga Drake. Again. I got a Cayuga this weekend, introduced him to the Buff girls yesterday, and sometime between 11pm and this am a Fox got him.
hit.gif
I feel terrible, the girls were soooo happy yesterday!

Last night at the auction they had 10 Denizli Long Crowing chicks... I wondered if anyone going to the Chickenstock would want any... but my luck nobody would, so I passed on them. I did however end up with some Buttercup eggs and Spangled Hamburg eggs which are going into the bator today! I really really really hope I can hatch some of these babies out!!!
droolin.gif

I am becoming a permanent fixture on Saturday evenings at this auction. I walked out yesterday with 10 EE chicks also for $2 each. Some woman asked if she could buy "one or two chicks" from me. I asked her if she has any chickens and she said she "had chickens before". Then she mentioned something about Easter... Sorry lady. I walked out with all 10 chicks. Anyway, I forced myself to leave 30 minutes into the auction so I wouldn't buy more... I seriously have chickens in the kitchen (in a brooder, which has 2 separate sections), on my back porch in quarantine, and in the coop. I also have 2 incubators in my bedroom. I need a farm!!! I thank God that I have cool neighbors, plus I do keep after them.

Since I only live 22 miles from New Tripoli, I can make multiple trips back and forth, LOL.

I really need to practice self-control!!! But I really did want EEs, my egg customers really like the colored eggs. Plus I already "pre-ordered" 5 Aracauna chicks from Jodi (hinkjc). And also we're doubling the size of our coop, so I guess I'm fine! I can't wait until May 23!
wee.gif

Quote:
ummm what auction would this be? we'd love to go to one if it isn't to far
big_smile.png

Are you talking about up at Renninger's auction? We were only there once, and it was... Well... "interesting"? Maybe we went on a bad day
idunno.gif

Yep, the one and only Renninger's! I think I know what you mean by interesting, but not quite sure. I'm originally from Lehigh County so moving to Schuylkill County was quite a culture shock...

Some nights are good and some are bad. There are lots of roosters there, of course. There were Royal Palm turkey chicks there last week, Emu eggs, the Denizli long crowing chicks, and TONS (meaning at least 15 lots) of EE chicks. I bought Buttercup and Spangled Hamburg eggs for $3.25 a dozen last week. We got our daughter a really nice bunny for $5 a few weeks ago and 8 RIR chicks for 50 cents each. Of course it's always buyer beware. I went a little crazy last Saturday but it was all stuff that I wanted.

So, anyway, that's where I spend my Saturday evenings!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom