Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Our vet (though a farm vet) is pretty reasonable and only charged me for small animal consultations even though on the last occasion she spent 40 minutes treating him. The surgery seem to love him (though we are probably one of the very few in a farming community who would take a rooster along!). He sits patiently on my daughter's lap waiting for his consultation.
Most important thing is, he now is fully recovered.

Here's another pic of him sleeping behind a dog toy.
IMG_5532.jpg

He's a very laid back bird who somehow manages to peacefully co-exist with 4 other boys, all much larger than him, and still manage to get to mate with a lot of the girls.

well ive got three eggs in the incubator now that will be going on lockdown tomorrow
smile.png
smile.png

wee.gif

wee.gif

yippiechickie.gif

yippiechickie.gif

ya.gif

ya.gif

ya.gif

ya.gif

woot.gif

I know that the dad is my rooster Moe my Naked Neck x Easter Egger but not sure who the momma is lol its either my Rhode Island Red Wiggle Red or the other Naked Neck hen Goldie . will keep everyone updated on the hatching if you guys wanna know
smile.png
so cool cant wait
smile.png

I am so excited!!!!
ya.gif
I have a broody NN and this morning I went down to the coop to find a little showgirl looking at me!!! I am so excited!!! ( I think I said that already! ) I will have to post some pics when I am able to snap a few of her!!!

pgpoultry I am the president of Mort's fan club. tee hee
gig.gif
BTW I know the wonderful green landscape which is a great contrast to Mort's black with the blue/green sheen is a big assets to the pictures also, especially since I live in the brown/tan desert. But for some reason his personality and your descriptions are very apparent in the photos.

superchemical Did you need to talk up to make the sales or did the birds sell themselves based on their history and of course personality ?

New to Farming good for you. I have never had the good experience of having a broody hen hatch and raise her chicks and I do look forward to that experience.

Quote:
Flower, it is awesome! I hope you get a broody soon!!! I currently have 3 broodies, my NN, a silkie and a silkie/favorelle cross. No matter how many times I separated these girls and put them in their own nest box, they all wanted to be together. They would keep moving the eggs and they all laid in this broody pile. LOL I finally gave up and let them do what they wanted to do. So far all of them are taking care of the chicks that hatched but the NN is holding tight and staying with the remaining eggs. If one gets up, the others steal her eggs. It was quite comical to watch. They were never mean to each other and I think once all are done hatching, it looks like they are going to raise them together.
I really enjoy watching the mom's take care of the chicks! I won't be using a bator anymore since I have 3 really good ones already!!!
wink.png

Forgot to add, PGPOULTRY...Love the pic!!! He is gorgeous!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Not too much talking involved. The girl that bought my 3 almost POL pullets asked the two most common questions I get asked:
1. Do they get along with other chickens
2. How do they fare in the winter

Selling the roos was a bit harder, but there were less questions. I know my stock is very clean and healthy... thus easier to sell. They are also calm and well behaved (for the most part) and that helped as well.

Then again, I've taken them to other swaps and had no interest.

And of course you always get the walk-by "those are hideous" comments...
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom