Naked Neck/Turken Thread

A convo w/ my husband just now.

G - I think we have another broody

K - Oh really which one

G - the dark one

K - which one

G - you know the one that has the dark brown or white stripes in her head, the white one, or maybe offwhite.

This is why we try to name even the ones we are going to eat at our house.
he.gif

A convo w/ my husband just now.

G - I think we have another broody

K - Oh really which one

G - the dark one

K - which one

G - you know the one that has the dark brown or white stripes in her head, the white one, or maybe offwhite.

This is why we try to name even the ones we are going to eat at our house.
he.gif
yuckyuck.gif
I name all of my chickens too, because it's just so much easier to discuss one by name than by description, especially since I'm the only one in the household who interacts with the chickens daily. The hard part is keeping all those names straight! I already call my son by my dog's name.
roll.png
Oh....and the birds that make it to the freezer are labeled by name too.

yuckyuck.gif
I name all of my chickens too, because it's just so much easier to discuss one by name than by description, especially since I'm the only one in the household who interacts with the chickens daily. The hard part is keeping all those names straight! I already call my son by my dog's name.
roll.png

I name all of my birds too but I use only two monikers and neither can be even alluded to on BYC. They don't seem to be insulted at all and I don't have to rack my brain, trying to keep the names straight for which ever bird. Works for me!
gig.gif

yuckyuck.gif
roll.png

I find this so hilarious! I'm thinking of freezer labeled with stereotypical cat and dog names.... guest opens the freezer and.......

This is the early one, hatched at day 17?????

Hey Kassaundra, this is the baby that I had to keep in the cup. I finally took it out of the cup yesterday, its little belly finally set a hard scab so I figured Id chance it and took him out. This pic was after he got his little butt & belly washed and doctored. Ikept his belly doctored with peroxide and alcohol while he was in the cup (about 4 days). I sstill dont know if he will make it but the little thing has been eating and drinking, every time I look in the incubator I expect to find him dead but every time there it is looking at me like "what now"...I have another little buckeye that was in the same shape (hatched out of the broke eegg batch too) but it was not as severe a this one. So out of 15 broken eggs I incubated I got 2 naked necks and 9 others for a grand total of 11 which amazes me because I didnt think any would hatch or live.

Hey Kassaundra, this is the baby that I had to keep in the cup. I finally took it out of the cup yesterday, its little belly finally set a hard scab so I figured Id chance it and took him out. This pic was after he got his little butt & belly washed and doctored. Ikept his belly doctored with peroxide and alcohol while he was in the cup (about 4 days). I sstill dont know if he will make it but the little thing has been eating and drinking, every time I look in the incubator I expect to find him dead but every time there it is looking at me like "what now"...I have another little buckeye that was in the same shape (hatched out of the broke eegg batch too) but it was not as severe a this one. So out of 15 broken eggs I incubated I got 2 naked necks and 9 others for a grand total of 11 which amazes me because I didnt think any would hatch or live.
You story is outstanding in that many people have trouble getting eggs to hatch in an incubator that have not been damaged in any way. Broken eggs HATCHED WOW !
That chick looks like it had a dye job. Brilliant yellow !

They are weird looking creatures but for dual purpose I hope they end up being time worthy. From what I have read they are good heavy meat birds. My dad is the reason I started hatching them. He had no luck hatching chicks and ask me to put his eggs with my birds eggs. I think the naked necks are a bit harder to hatch but so far Ive managed. This is the first one I have grown attached to lol...geezzzz they are disturbing looking though.

Back
Top Bottom