Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Hopefully my last 4 NN hen's that have the slate colored leg's will be gone later on today to a new home. That will free me up to work on my NN Aloha project, because they need to have the lighter yellow leg's. I don't want to be accidently hatching an egg that will have the darker leg's on the chick's.

Gah!

Atlas has drawn blood twice in two days, which is intolerable. I freaking love this rooster, but it's not going to work if I can't even give them water without being bitten this badly. We'll likely be processing him tonight and any males out if the 3 I hatched will not be kept

Sorry that you have a mean rooster. Not all rooster's are mean, though. I hope that you will have a nice one to replace him.

Sorry that you have a mean rooster. Not all rooster's are mean, though. I hope that you will have a nice one to replace him.
No, I know not all are mean, otherwise I wouldn't have nearly 20 permanent ones. But now I gotta go and find a specific boy since I have NNs, Nns and nns in that flock. I need a NN male so I know I'm getting lil naked necks only for my eggs.

Plus he was such a nice boy before. He was the one that lost his toes.

I guess that @CaroleW should be invited to this thread too now, as she got a NN rooster named Roger from me a while back, and this evening she just picked up 4 NN hen's to go with him.
The 4 NN hens and I made it back to Chino Valley just after dark last nite. I saw a skunk as I pulled into the drive so I just unload them onto the front deck for the nite. Moved them into temporary pen early this morning and they seem to be gettting along just fine in the 3 trips I've already made to check on them this morning.

The 4 NN hens and I made it back to Chino Valley just after dark last nite. I saw a skunk as I pulled into the drive so I just unload them onto the front deck for the nite. Moved them into temporary pen early this morning and they seem to be gettting along just fine in the 3 trips I've already made to check on them this morning.

I hope the plain white one doesn't go broody on you, unless you want her too. She's already been broody twice since spring started.

Back
Top Bottom