Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Hopefully Nava sent out my chickies this morning, but I haven't heard back from her yet. Hopefully she did!
I'm excited/nervous, I'm gonna be a nervous wreck until they get here. LOL
I have their brooder all ready except for the feeders and waterers because they are soaking in bleach overnight and air dried all day tomorrow.

11812024.jpg

Blue Barred Green-Egger cock.
This guy is from last year and not as wide as some of the other males from the cross.
Lisa

Now that's one fine looking bird!!!

Has anyone ever gotten the Red Turkens from Urch? I wonder what his birds are like.
I am looking to purchase some good quality (not hatchery) turkens mainly for the eggs. Mine, even as hatchery, laid well, and laid large eggs. I really miss them.

StevenW said:
Hopefully Nava sent out my chickies this morning, but I haven't heard back from her yet. Hopefully she did I'm excited/nervous, I'm gonna be a nervous wreck until they get here. LOL I have their brooder all ready except for the feeders and waterers because they are soaking in bleach overnight and air dried all day tomorrow.
I hope they arrive safe and sound. I'd be a wreck too.
Good luck!
Lisa

Has anyone ever gotten the Red Turkens from Urch? I wonder what his birds are like.
I am looking to purchase some good quality (not hatchery) turkens mainly for the eggs. Mine, even as hatchery, laid well, and laid large eggs. I really miss them.
Nava has Red turkens, but I think she said she only had a trio. I'm getting 3 reds in my order of chicks that "should" be here today! :eek:)

Lisa - Gorgeous birds and chicks!
love.gif

wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Ordered some Naked Neck pullets :) :) well little chickies :) :) gonna get them probably the 8th or 9th of this month cannot wait. They are going to be red ones. Glad I kept Pizza my Naked Neck x Black Copper Marans crossed rooster :) gonna make some cute babies when they get older.
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif

woot.gif

Well I'm new to the Naked Neck club! One of my sons LOVES turkies. Real turkies. (what is the plural of turkey?) But we cannot have one here. We do have chickens and I decided we needed one or two more so I told him we could get a turken. He was over the moon. So I do all the looking up where to get one and find some near here. Pick the boys up after school and drive right out.

Now my boy Ethan is ADORABLE. And he knows it. So we get there and he falls for her 2 year old not necessarily for sale Buff Turken. She was really trying to sell the 10 month old whites. But Ethan is in love and it's adorable so suddenly the Buff is for sale. I pull her aside and make sure she is ok with it, she is so I go to the car to get the carrier. I get back and she pulls ME to the side to ask if I would consider ALSO getting a Cornish White Bantam because apparently Ethan is in love with her too.

So I sure did go out for a single white young naked neck and come back with a 2 year old Buff Naked Neck AND a 2 year old White Bantam Cornish! OH and Ethan admired her eggs (she has a very mixed flock and spectacular eggs) so I cam home with 12 mixed eggs too. We didn't need eggs, but she wouldn't even let me pay for them. Sheesh!

Pics tomorrow! I can't wait to get to know my new Buffy.

Back
Top Bottom