Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    Stunning girl, Kassaundra.

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

The blacks are very easy on the eyes.

My two black are gorgeous. They shine purple and turquoise in the sun! :love

3. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    I've about decided that my NN hens didn't like my NN rooster. I done a switch of my NN roo and my EE roo.
    Those 5 hens that I have left in the NN pens have given me 5 eggs on Monday and 5 eggs on Wednesday.
    Now that the NN rooster is in with the EE they have stopped laying as well as they were, although I've never gotten a 100 perfect from them but they did lay a little better than they do now.

4. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Maybe they have headaches. [​IMG]

5. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Heres my EE/NN/Silkie!!!!
    Teddy... *PLEASE BE A GIRL!!*

6. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    yes kev she is from a motteled houdan roo over a homozigouse black skin NN hen all the chicks are black and are split to motteled KASS if you breed her back to a motteled bird you should hatch 50% motteled chicks if you breed her to one of the hooda roos you should hatch 25% motteled chicks

what my plan is to breed a motteled houdan roo over 5 toe hooda pullets -50% will be NNs and 50% will be motteled i will keep motteled NN pullets from this pen and breeding them back to pure motteled houdans to improve typ on my motteled NN houdans

7. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by draye [​IMG]

I've about decided that my NN hens didn't like my NN rooster. I done a switch of my NN roo and my EE roo.
    Those 5 hens that I have left in the NN pens have given me 5 eggs on Monday and 5 eggs on Wednesday.
    Now that the NN rooster is in with the EE they have stopped laying as well as they were, although I've never gotten a 100 perfect from them but they did lay a little better than they do now.

Yeah I've thought of that too.

8. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Sometimes hens positively hate certain roosters . If the rooster succeeds in mating with the hen, she can eject his sperm, so it is wise to get rid of the hated bird.

My little hatch has just started (day 20) with the first pip at the wrong[​IMG] end......here we go again.

9. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Haha, my EE piped at the bottom, right in the air sac. Luckily it was easy since the air sac was there! Goodluck :D

10. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    I am making some changes for the protection of the chicks, we are building a covered out door brooder attatched to the chicken coop b/c we have a preditor problem. We didn't have any preditor issues until this past month, we have been almost wiped out of the chicks, I still have the hoodas, but not the houdans. When the brooder is finished (today or tomorrow) the young chicks will be in that until big enough to really run w/ the adult chickens since our preditors are daytime and are a hawk and cat. We trapped and got rid of one cat, and working on the other one. Anyway I am getting more eggs or chicks when this heat breaks, and hopefully when I have a broody. I would just get a small incubator but don't want to trust the eggs to my unskilled hatching. Anyway for sure I am getting the nn eggs, and houdans and possibly a couple of aruacana to go w/ my lone boy Ari.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by