Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Here is a picture of my salmon turken project boy. The boys are getting there but the girls have been a bit harder for me. This is Sargent with his dad Lenny.

[​IMG]

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Pretty boys!

3. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Glad to see you back online and great to hear you and your flock had a safe trip.The eggs that your hens laid the saturday that we met are due to hatch this weekend.

4. Georgia Boy 1970

I am hoping that some of those naked neck chicks that I have from you will look like this naked neck rooster.

5. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Thanks! You will have to post pictures of them!
    Gretchen is the Mom to this boy. You will have to post pictures as they get older. I hope you get one or two also!

6. Georgia Boy 1970

Did you see this pic?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    No I didn't! That is such an adorable picture! Your daughter is gorgeous and loves her chickens! It looks like Pennie was behaving for her. LOL Did Pennie go broody again yet? She has been been trying but has not successfully hatched any chicks yet.

8. Georgia Boy 1970

Thanks she loves to go visit the chickens.They (Pennie and Gretchen were laying,but no eggs in 2 days)I was hoping that she would go broody.Will be incubating the eggs that I collected from them.

9. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    You are going to have a bunch of little NN's! Gretchen goes broody at the drop of a hat. LOL

10. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Hello NTF and GeoBoy youse guys have a club. How neat to be able to share and trade birds ! The days here are very short. Can't wait until December 20th when they slowly lengthen. The only birds in my flock that are laying eggs are the NNs. I am just starting to give them fermented feed to see what happens in the springtime.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by