Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Hi everyone. I hope someone can be some help by telling me what may be mixed(what kind of chicken) in with my black skined naked neck besides silkie. He gave me some chicks from my white and blue silkie(12 chicks). Out of the 12, 4 were naked neck. Half the chicks have hard feathers and the other half have silkie feathers. If I were to breed the two new silkie feathered naked necks back to silkies would all the chicks have just silkie feathering or is there a chance the hard feathers will come out? He is picture of him. Thanks in advance. Please tell me what you think.

Pic is kinda dark but could be black copper marans

Think so? Maybe...this is my first go-round with NNs...Turk's wattles came in really early and are already very red, single comb is very prominent as well, especially compared to the other 2. Also, acta very "rooish" lol. Our 3rd is a big, beautiful coppery red, all 3 are sweeties. I have a gorgeous Araucana cockerel that I would love to see a NN cross out of down the road.

**edited b/c smartphone is dumb

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I hope someone can be some help by telling me what may be mixed(what kind of chicken) in with my black skined naked neck besides silkie. He gave me some chicks from my white and blue silkie(12 chicks). Out of the 12, 4 were naked neck. Half the chicks have hard feathers and the other half have silkie feathers. If I were to breed the two new silkie feathered naked necks back to silkies would all the chicks have just silkie feathering or is there a chance the hard feathers will come out? He is picture of him. Thanks in advance. Please tell me what you think.

He's a beauty!
He looks like a Naked Neck x Silkie (a cross between a Naked Neck and a Silkie).
If you cross the silkie feathered Naked Necks back to Silkie, all the chicks should have silkie feathering.

so i had 16 chicks hatch the last 3 days..lost 3 but thats not bad..anyways i got 3 little nns out of those eggs.. 2 white ones the 1white one is going to grow up to be a white and brown fawn.. and i got a black one thats going to have silver in it.. there mothers are a fawn game and a blk/silver game.. daddy is a blue egger nn.. will post pics in a day or soo...my mommys r very protective and ready for combat at all time..lol i got cuts and chunks missing to prove it to....lol

Last edited:

He's a beauty!
He looks like a Naked Neck x Silkie (a cross between a Naked Neck and a Silkie).
If you cross the silkie feathered Naked Necks back to Silkie, all the chicks should have silkie feathering.

Thanks Dipsy. I know he is naked neck x silkie but are there different breeds of naked necks? I have 12 chicks already hatched from him and 26 eggs in the incubator, I was just hoping someone could help identify his other half genes(I dont know what the hard feathered chicks are that he is producing that aren't naked necks). Is it because the silkies aren't or is it because he is part silkie-part NN-and part something else?

Back
Top Bottom