Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I do not have any necked necks but do plan on getting them in the future... Would you recommend this breed to live with other regular chicken breeds? It also can get -15 over here is that a problem with this breed?
Hmm.. they do well in a mixed flock. Not sure about the temps. I would think if you have a well built coop that blocks from the weather and lots of other birds to snuggle with they should be fine. They are hardier than they look.

OMG looks like my strain of birds!

Attachments

• 20171017_172848.jpg
    20171017_172848.jpg
    665.6 KB · Views: 13
Anyone have an chick hatch with very little feathering. Both parents are Naked Necks. This is the only one that is like this. I’m wondering if it is a deformity or if the feathers will grow in later? I don’t have a photo as it is still in the incubator as it had a rough hatch. The yolk sac broke and solidified while it was trying to hatch. Talk about a shrink wrapped.

I do not have any necked necks but do plan on getting them in the future... Would you recommend this breed to live with other regular chicken breeds? It also can get -15 over here is that a problem with this breed?
Most get along with other breeds, but there's always that exception.

They endure the cold very well. Just have a place where they can get in out of the weather if they chose to do so.

Here is the baby in question with very few feathers
View attachment 1241187
That actually looks pretty normal to me. Did you leave it in the incubator to dry out and find it's legs? NN's with both genes are actually missing alot more feather follicles on their body than it looks... it's just the feathers that are there fluff out enough to cover up the bare areas and make them look more feathered than they really are.
Any updates?

Back
Top Bottom