Gwenyth being a nosy girl and getting in my shot of Trixie the Cochin. šŸ¤­

photobomber 1.jpg
photobomber 2.jpg

And a few other glam shots because she's fabulous. :love

Gwenyth.jpg
Gwenyth on the go.jpg
Gwenyth glam shot.jpg

Omg. I love her. The very naked look is my favorite šŸ˜
The girls that I've gotten from ideal poultry have been naked- er than my other acquisition.
That very naked look is because she has two genes for it. It appears in a similar way people get blue/black/splash. NN is very naked, Nn is half naked lol

That very naked look is because she has two genes for it. It appears in a similar way people get blue/black/splash. NN is very naked, Nn is half naked lol
That's good to know. The birds that I've gotten from ideal poultry have been more naked, and carry themselves a little more forward than the ones I got from Tractor supply. I definitely like the stance and look of the Ideal birds best. They all have great personalities, though, and are good layers.

That's good to know. The birds that I've gotten from ideal poultry have been more naked, and carry themselves a little more forward than the ones I got from Tractor supply. I definitely like the stance and look of the Ideal birds best. They all have great personalities, though, and are good layers.
Sounds like Ideal has been working on it lol. Iā€™m letting my girls decide whether we add to the flock or not, but Iā€™m only keeping naked necks from whatever they hatch. Hoping to breed more naked into my grouo

Nn is my personal preference, with the little bow tie, so I'm glad Gwenyth happened to be Nn since she was the only one I had hatch. šŸ˜

Don't tell the Cochin people, but I'm tempted to cross her into my silkied Cochin bantams and start a project toward making a silkied naked neck that doesn't have all the additional traits from Silkies like crests, beards, dark skin, etc. I definitely don't need to spread my focus further on another project, but... the temptation is real. I definitely need to at least hatch something from her next year because I want more of these little weirdos running around here. šŸ¤­

Nn is my personal preference, with the little bow tie, so I'm glad Gwenyth happened to be Nn since she was the only one I had hatch. šŸ˜

Don't tell the Cochin people, but I'm tempted to cross her into my silkied Cochin bantams and start a project toward making a silkied naked neck that doesn't have all the additional traits from Silkies like crests, beards, dark skin, etc. I definitely don't need to spread my focus further on another project, but... the temptation is real. I definitely need to at least hatch something from her next year because I want more of these little weirdos running around here. šŸ¤­
I love that idea. Silkies are cute..in other people's yards.

I completely agree! I have a few Silkies who I'm attached to as individuals, but I don't care for the breed and don't plan to get any more of them. Just too many traits I don't care much for, especially their big crests.

But I love silkied feathering on other breeds šŸ¤©
The crest on silkies and polish bother me. They are so cute, but I feel like it's cruel to intentionally chickens that can't see! On the other hand, if someone gave me a showgirl or a stripper rooster, I'm sure I'd be in love!

Back
Top Bottom