Naked necks anyone?

Do you like naked necks?

• NO! They’re weird looking.

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • YES! I love them!

Votes: 39 79.6%

• Total voters
too bad you are about 2000 miles away. I only plan to breed him him for about a year, eventually one of his offspring with a meat bird will be my breeding naked neck rooster. It would be nice to get this guy to a more serious breeder.

I'd love to have a roo like him! How old is he? Does the person that you got him from sell and ship hatching eggs?

If I may, I'm concerned with mosquitos biting these. I raised CX and the rains started before their rumps were fully feathered. The mosquitos savaged the rumps and made some not nice looking chickens. The rains lasted for 2 weeks. The mosquitos until butcher. The fully feathered fared better.

Do NN have mosquito issues? Or do they scrunch the necks down? What is your experience here?

from the swamps of Houston

That is something I am going to keep an eye on, I know my cats have issues with Mosquitos on their ears. Sometimes i put feeder fish from the pet store in the water bowls when I notice that Mosquitos used them to spawn their little baby water bugs... Eventually the chickens get to eat the feeder fish.

I'd love to have a roo like him! How old is he? Does the person that you got him from sell and ship hatching eggs?
I do not believe she has any more white Naked Necks, she has other Naked Necks of various colors. She didn't look to have a breeding operation going just one big flock of ducks geese and chickens. I will Text her and ask. I told her I would bring her Dorking eggs next time I am in her area so I am keeping contact with her. She might know where to get something from the line he came from she knew his father was a show bird.

Last edited:
I just watched this video
and possibly, if I learn to do this (could take a long time before I learn this and get it right) I might be able to overnight a semen sample from him. I have no idea how long it will stay alive, Hopefully it is cold when it is sent. I have not been very successful with doing complex things with chickens though.

I just watched this video
and possibly, if I learn to do this (could take a long time before I learn this and get it right) I might be able to overnight a semen sample from him. I have no idea how long it will stay alive, Hopefully it is cold when it is sent. I have not been very successful with doing complex things with chickens though.

I guess if you learned how to do that, then you wouldn't have to keep the hen's and roo's in the same pen's or whatever.

The first two imported Transylania girls I'd gotten last year. I'm down to one black and two buffs left. Some have been rehomed and some have died.. :( The breeder I got them from was getting out of breeding and liquidating his flock. I also got my Bresse from the same breeder.View attachment 1616860

Chillin in the shade on a hot AZ day.
View attachment 1616862
Some other punks I've raised. A couple of these boys are the father to a number of my current flock.
View attachment 1616865
OhMaGosh ...I LOVE the mop-top blondie!

Back
Top Bottom