name your hens

mbpalmtree

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 20, 2012
Castle Hayne, NC

Well I have 4 beautiful, sweet hens & I thought long & hard about their names. After many ideas I thought about all the dumb reality shows I watch & love, & of course Jersey Shore came to mind. 4 main female characters . All a bunch of cackling chickenheads!! Perfect. We have Snooki, Jwwow, Deanna ,& Sammy Jo. But I also was thinking about chicken dishes too. So here goes, not to mention, but they have soooooo lived up to their names!!!!
Snooki Nugget, Deanna Marsala, Sammy Jo Buffalo, & JWwow Chow Mein..
D.gif
thumbsup.gif

All mine are the same breed so telling them apart can be a chore. A couple were named after Lonesome Dove characters Lorena(friendliest) and Peach(noisiest).Then there are the others, Carmen(big floppy comb),and Maggie(Spunkiest). The other two I can't tell apart so I guess I'll have to come up with some twins names for them. Not to steal the tread but any names of famous twins might help them to get names.

My Silkies are Mr. Wu (I'm a Deadwood fan, and I like Mr. Wu, so it kind of stuck). His ladies are Tina Turner, Ellie Mae, Wednesday and Lola (it took me forever to figure out if Lola was a boy or a girl, so I was going off that song by The Kinks, Lola- she looks like a woman, but talks like a man. Lucky for her she was a she, it might be a tad embarrassing to be a rooster named Lola :gig ).
Nikki

Mine are Captain Clucky (an EE, she's the smallest and the loudest, she's my guard chicken). Rosie, she's my Orp, the biggest of the bunch and the friendliest. Claudette is my Wyandotte and The White One is my other EE. We also had a beautiful, if slightly odd silver pencil Wyandotte originally, her name was Nugget, which makes me feel awful now.

I have Ms. Frizzle, a Black Cochin Frizzle. Then there's Poof-Poof, a Sultan, Mr. Big a Mille Fleur rooster, Shy the last pullet out of the coop every day (Dark Brahma) and the rest of the flock as yet unnamed.

All mine are the same breed so telling them apart can be a chore. A couple were named after Lonesome Dove characters Lorena(friendliest) and Peach(noisiest).Then there are the others, Carmen(big floppy comb),and Maggie(Spunkiest). The other two I can't tell apart so I guess I'll have to come up with some twins names for them. Not to steal the tread but any names of famous twins might help them to get names.

That is SO funny! We named our 3 Lorena, Clara, and Maggie. IF my husband let me have a rooster he would totally be named Augustus!!!

I've kept many chickens over the years, so unless the chicken does something that gets attention, most don't get named. I did have one barred rock roo that was affectionately named "bob" by my 6 year old son. He was the kindest rooster I've seen. My son would place Bob in the back of his tonka truck and ride him around the yard. Bob not only let him do it, but seemed to look forward to playing with him. Bob's been gone for more than a few years. My son's 23 now, but I've not seen another roo like him since.

i used to name all our goats and donkeys but never have named chickens except for two red ones: henrietta and henrietta 2.
now i have a bunch, no names, dont really see any personality among the leg horns, the red one is handicapped with bent feet but manages fine, and a small bantam rosecomb mix that i just got, she seems to have some personality. we have four shnitzels (four young hcickens that were someone's school project, most likely meat chickens, not sure what sex... but they are called shnitzels for obvius reasons: what thew will end up as...
hubby has named two out of his 19 thai chicks: boss #1 and little boss, because u can see they are already dominant in personality, unafraid, sit higher then others, more develped...

ive had so many animals for so many years that apart from lilee the lhasa, i have yet to name anything new. and lilee because i had always wanted to have a dog named lily. and it suits her.

Back
Top Bottom