Neck spasm

It looks neurological, vitamins are the first thing to try and a common cause. Silkies and polish are more prone to neurological issues due to their vaulted skulls, sometimes a head injury can cause it. I've had birds with random symptoms that come and go with no real known cause. As long as it can eat and drink and be basically normal, it may not affect it much. Hopefully the vitamins will help, they often do. I would do the B's and the E and selenium, cover all the bases. I would monitor the weight, make sure it's taking in enough to grow normally. If it gets worse you may have to separate so it doesn't get hurt by others, but I wouldn't separate unless it's necessary.

I don't have an icloud account so can't view the video. :( What is she doing?
Aw man! She moves her neck in like a spasm snake like movement almost like someone with Tourette’s. But she’s eating and drinking just fine and moves around just fine. She just every couple minutes has this moment of spasm

Aw man! She moves her neck in like a spasm snake like movement almost like someone with Tourette’s. But she’s eating and drinking just fine and moves around just fine. She just every couple minutes has this moment of spasm
Find some B-complex vitamins, and dose her with that. Human kind is fine. The B vitamins help with neurological issues. It doesn't sound like wry neck, but the Vit-E and selenium couldn't hurt. Possible she's just got something stuck in her throat. I'd check her crop tonight to be sure it's normally full, soft and squishy - and then in the morning to make sure it's emptied - in case it's sour crop.

I usually use human B complex or super B complex tablets or capsules. You want to make sure it contains B2, 6 and 12 particularly. For your bird 1/4 to 1/2 a tablet or capsule daily of the B complex would be what I would do. Not sure what that product contains or what the dosing would be, the dosing is often very different for birds than for mammals. Having said that, the B's are very safe, extra is excreted. E on the other hand can be overdosed if too much is given for too long.

Aw man! She moves her neck in like a spasm snake like movement almost like someone with Tourette’s. But she’s eating and drinking just fine and moves around just fine. She just every couple minutes has this moment of spasm how much B complex? Like open the capsule? It definitively looks neurological

It looks neurological, vitamins are the first thing to try and a common cause. Silkies and polish are more prone to neurological issues due to their vaulted skulls, sometimes a head injury can cause it. I've had birds with random symptoms that come and go with no real known cause. As long as it can eat and drink and be basically normal, it may not affect it much. Hopefully the vitamins will help, they often do. I would do the B's and the E and selenium, cover all the bases. I would monitor the weight, make sure it's taking in enough to grow normally. If it gets worse you may have to separate so it doesn't get hurt by others, but I wouldn't separate unless it's necessary.
Does this work

Back
Top Bottom