Need a hug, take a hug.

Pics
Good for you, Kelsey! Glad to hear you liked her and I hope you continue to go, for your own well being and mental health. It takes courage to take that step, so kudos to you girl. :hugs

Thank you very much, Meg! :hugs

I definitely will! She is apparently going on vacation next week but I made an appointment for the week after.

I’m really glad I decided to finally go. I just wish I would have a lot sooner. I think it really would have helped.

But oh well I guess haha

I’m going now and it’s going well so that’s good I think. :)

Anyway, thank you. :hugs

That sounds like a stress reliever to me!! :lol: Glad to hear it went well today. :hugs

It definitely was. :lau

Though she looked a bit lost when I started talking about the chickens :lau

And thank you! Me too! A lot less scary than I was expecting haha

Though I will say I sank into the couch. :lau

It definitely was. :lau

Though she looked a bit lost when I started talking about the chickens :lau

And thank you! Me too! A lot less scary than I was expecting haha

Though I will say I sank into the couch. :lau
The first appointment is always scary because you feel so vulnerable. But the more you go, the easier it gets between the both of you. If you and your therapist click, you will find all of this a huge stress reliever to talk it all out! :hugs

Thank you very much, Meg! :hugs

I definitely will! She is apparently going on vacation next week but I made an appointment for the week after.

I’m really glad I decided to finally go. I just wish I would have a lot sooner. I think it really would have helped.

But oh well I guess haha

I’m going now and it’s going well so that’s good I think. :)

Anyway, thank you. :hugs
It's silly how long it takes us to help ourselves sometimes, isn't it? No matter, though. You jumped and you'll land on your feet.

The first appointment is always scary because you feel so vulnerable. But the more you go, the easier it gets between the both of you. If you and your therapist click, you will find all of this a huge stress reliever to talk it all out! :hugs

Thank you! That makes sense. I think that’s why I’ve put it off so long because I was utterly terrified but honestly I wish I would have gone sooner. I think it would have really helped. But I guess I shouldn’t think like that. I’m going now which I think was good. And even just being honest and telling her stuff I wasn’t sure I was going to yet was a huge relief too. I think it’ll be good cause as much as I tend to over share sometimes, there is a lot that I don’t talk about and that I keep bottled up inside.

It's silly how long it takes us to help ourselves sometimes, isn't it? No matter, though. You jumped and you'll land on your feet.

Yes it really is!! I was struggling by myself all that time when I could have been getting help. But oh well. I’m going now and I really like her! And thank you. :hugs the jumping was the scariest part haha leading up to it I thought about bailing several times. :lau but I’m glad I stuck with it and went.

Thank you! That makes sense. I think that’s why I’ve put it off so long because I was utterly terrified but honestly I wish I would have gone sooner. I think it would have really helped. But I guess I shouldn’t think like that. I’m going now which I think was good. And even just being honest and telling her stuff I wasn’t sure I was going to yet was a huge relief too. I think it’ll be good cause as much as I tend to over share sometimes, there is a lot that I don’t talk about and that I keep bottled up inside.
You went when it was right for you, had you gone earlier, you might not have gotten enough out of it. It definitely takes a couple of visits to really open up, and therapists know this. I think this will do you good! Just remember, if at any time you aren't comfortable with this therapist, find one you are. Those are the ones that help you the most.

You went when it was right for you, had you gone earlier, you might not have gotten enough out of it. It definitely takes a couple of visits to really open up, and therapists know this. I think this will do you good! Just remember, if at any time you aren't comfortable with this therapist, find one you are. Those are the ones that help you the most.
X2 Don't give up, just find one that fits.

This is a great thread. I suffer from severe anxiety and ocd to the point where it can become crippling at times. I don't take any medications and haven't seen a therapist in 10 years so this is great for some of us who don't have the courage to speak to anyone about our problems.
You've come to a great place then :hugs

Back
Top Bottom