Need advice and help ASAP please, eye infection or respatory infection

mama dixie

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 11, 2011
I posted a post last night but only one reply, I am sorry to have to repost but I need help...can anyone tell me can I put tylan in watter for my flock. one is haing eye issue and some are sayning sounds like the diase that can transfer to the whole flock from what I am seeing form other posts. my chickens eye is swollen and red around the eye. the eye seems to be bulging. can I put something in the food or water to protect the flock???

Pleas if anyone can let me know ASAP I could really use help... I dont want to lose my whole flock...

I posted a post last night but only one reply, I am sorry to have to repost but I need help...can anyone tell me can I put tylan in watter for my flock. one is haing eye issue and some are sayning sounds like the diase that can transfer to the whole flock from what I am seeing form other posts. my chickens eye is swollen and red around the eye. the eye seems to be bulging. can I put something in the food or water to protect the flock???

Pleas if anyone can let me know ASAP I could really use help... I dont want to lose my whole flock...

The chicken is separated, right? Do you have pictures? Any sneezing/wheezing/gasping? Bubbles in the eyes?

no sneezing or anything like that, yes I have her seperated. just called bird vet we have taken birds to in the past. she sugest powder tylan for whole flock to slow or keep then from getting it,. she suspects microplasm, unsure of spelling. I have tylan 50 liquid but they say I need powder, of figures. I have no pictures husbend took camera today, of coarse.... any ideas?

can I use liquid tylan 50 instead of powder the farm store does not carry powder ....

I just went to check on her and she seems fine except for the one eye being all bulgy. one eye looks like rodney dangerfield when he bugs his eyes out. they other is normal. she has more energy today and there is no ick in either eye. the rest of the flock looks good but I would really like to start them on tylan to protect them.. can we eat the eggs if our chcikens are carriers. I know we cant eat them for a time after the meds but can we eat or sell the eggs at all? we sell the eggs to get funds to pay for there food and update the coop... bummer we were just getting good customer base... do you think this chicken will be ok?

I am so confused, I can not find Tylan in powder form,,, I have the liquid, it just seems that you should be able to use it in the water as well. if anyone knows the dossing please let me know..

Back
Top Bottom