Need Advice - Pet Turkey with Head Injury/Balance Issues

lscgeese

Hatching
Dec 4, 2018
I have a pet Tom Turkey, he is a 3 year old Bourbon Red and one of 3 Toms which have been raised together. A little over a week ago, he was fighting with the other 2, and was found with a head injury and couldn't stand up. We penned him for a week and saw very little improvement in his stance. He is eating and drinking, poop is normal.

He has been moved into a kiddie pool, inside our house. He is improving very, very slowly, but there is improvement. He doesn't walk, isn't able to walk and cannot stand without help. He can stand for approximately a minute before flopping over. You can tell that he gets dizzy.

Has anyone experienced a full recovery from this type of situation? He is alert and he knows his name, but is obviously unable to protect and care for himself.

Thanks!

make you could make him a wheel chair to help him stay on his feet?

Last night I helped him stand, and he stood on his own for about 3 minutes before he toppled over. He seems to be getting better so I don't want to force him to stand yet. I think he needs to get over the head injury first??? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom