• Make him respect me

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Respect him

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (please post below)

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
It redirects the roosters attention
Ohh, I see, a distraction. Maybe next time include those details and your posts won't be seen as uninformative in many cases. Though I don't think Blu Kote would be my #1 choice - a waste of money. Water would work just as well. But also, the OP seems to be looking for a permanent solution, not just a distraction.

Would taking him keep his children from becoming aggressive or would I have to take several generations?
If he is aggressive then maybe out of 20 male chicks, one might be good.

You will have 19 nasty males to get rid of.

Males can often be acquired for free... do be careful to not introduce disease to your flock.... but find a good male.

I pin them down during an act of aggression. "Rocky" doesn't pay attention at that time and I can nab him in the act. After about 3 seconds, a long time really to think you are about to get eaten, I pick him up and put him in the crook of my arm and pet him a bit. He is still a bit keyed up when I calmly put him down. But now "Marco Pollo" is a little more assertive. As long as the roos/aggressive hens have me to worry about, they tend to leave the rest alone, a little bit.

I have had a few Aggressive Roosters, At first I did stupid stuff like kick them and that made them more aggressive. They would stop being aggressive after I kicked them but next time I had my back turned them I would get hit even harder. I read on here where someone suggested I pick them up and pet them until they are calm. So far it has worked, I have many roosters who were aggressive to me once and never again. I also have some that just won't stop and that's what crockpots were made for.

Back
Top Bottom