Need help and have questions about call duck hatching

Yes, I did open the air cells. I just checked for bruising, and I didn't see any. I think they are gone, thanks for all of your help though!

I think I had the same problem last time, do any of you know why they had huge yolk sacks while my swedish ducks are pipping? Any tips/advice/troubleshooting so that I can successfully hatch calls next time? Are calls normally malpositioned? They were big side up in the Turner during incubation. Thanks so much!

Also, would've it been best to open an airway, even though they still had the yolk sack, then let them absorb the yolk sack, and then help them hatch from there?

Their shell seems ok, their thickness is like the swedish shell. My last hatch I had ducklings hatch late, so I did the hygrometer test and thermometer ice water test. The thermometer read a bit too high so I increased my temp 1-2 degrees. My humidity might've been a little too low during this incubation, I will have to check it after work. Thanks!

Their shell seems ok, their thickness is like the swedish shell. My last hatch I had ducklings hatch late, so I did the hygrometer test and thermometer ice water test. The thermometer read a bit too high so I increased my temp 1-2 degrees. My humidity might've been a little too low during this incubation, I will have to check it after work. Thanks!
Ummm..I'm thinking it's a definite incubator issue..

You opened the air cells, right? If yes, then they are definitely malpositioned - that is their butt and the yolk you are looking at. Their heads must be on the other end. Do you see any kind of bruising on the shells on the other end anywhere?
Hey! I have 4 call eggs on day 26 and decided to candle them really quick and saw no movement in any! They also had some dark spotting and one had essentially no veins. They were fine a couple days ago. I did move them from my brinsea maxi to my brinsea mini but the humidity and temperature were reading fine. I don’t understand why or how they could all die? Is there any way I can intervene and help? :(

Hey! I have 4 call eggs on day 26 and decided to candle them really quick and saw no movement in any! They also had some dark spotting and one had essentially no veins. They were fine a couple days ago. I did move them from my brinsea maxi to my brinsea mini but the humidity and temperature were reading fine. I don’t understand why or how they could all die? Is there any way I can intervene and help? :(

I'm sorry that happened :( What was your humidity throughout incubation?

Back
Top Bottom