Need help something wrong with my chickens eye

alexthefarmlady

Songster
Apr 20, 2017
Ok so I have no idea what’s going on it’s hard to get a picture but I tried I’m think maybe a worm or just pus I been cleaning it and putting VET RX on it I’m scared to pull it out because it’s a worm I don’t want it to stay in there but if it’s pus I don’t mind pulling it out it was super swollen that went down in a day she’s a acting normal she’s eating drinking loving and fighting with me when I try to take care of her but she does keep it closed most of the time
BCDBE13A-64EE-48AB-A144-A795853738D9.png

It does look like pus, eyeworm is a very small parasite, threadlike.
You will need to remove all the pus from the eye before the infection can be taken care of. You can get terramycin eye ointment at most TSC's and some feed stores (it is very small and may be locked up, so ask) or you can use plain neosporin in the eye twice a day. I would remove all the pus, flush the eye well with sterile saline or eye wash (veterycin makes one) and apply the ointment twice a day. It could have been injured or gotten some debris in there.

You will need to remove all the pus from the eye before the infection can be taken care of. You can get terramycin eye ointment at most TSC's and some feed stores (it is very small and may be locked up, so ask) or you can use plain neosporin in the eye twice a day. I would remove all the pus, flush the eye well with sterile saline or eye wash (veterycin makes one) and apply the ointment twice a day. It could have been injured or gotten some debris in there.
Thank you!!

we pulled some out today and boy did some come out we are letting her rest and trying again tomorrow it
5EC8BF23-3775-4E5D-BA7B-22E7214C5341.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom