Need Help!!--What is wrong with my hen???

Alicial38

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 14, 2013
Willits
What happened to my hen?
Anyone have any ideas?
She can still eat and drink and there's nothing stuck in her throat or in her ear as far as I can see. I noticed this on Oct 1st

two weeks is a long time to go without intervention. Maybe she has an abcess? Could you take her to a vet? It's very difficult to try and diagnose something from a picture when you can't put hands on her and see what it's like. It looks like she is very uncomfortable.

That is most likely filled with hard pus. It needs to be removed by making an incision and squeezing that out.

Last edited:
Hi thank you for your reply!

The lumb is very hard…Iv tried twice to drain it and both times it barely bled and it was very thick blood. She showed no sign of pain during this process. She is on antibiotics. I can not take her to the vet.

Hi thank you for your reply!

The lumb is very hard…Iv tried twice to drain it and both times it barely bled and it was very thick blood. She showed no sign of pain during this process. She is on antibiotics. I can not take her to the vet.
I think it is a tumour or cyst. You probably won't be able to drain it. Maybe you could cut the skin and try to remove it whole?

Back
Top Bottom