Need help with baby chick

rjd830

Hatching
Jun 23, 2016
Hahira, GA
my husband found a baby chick on its back on the side of the road next to its mother who had been hit by a car. He thought it was dead but saw it breathing. He picked it up & brought it home instead if leaving it there to die. It seemed a little dazed but soon began to stand, chirp and liven up. It continues to chirp, sleeps a lot, but has not wanted to eat or drink on its own. I have dipped it's beak in the electrolyte & probiotic water we bought for it and showed it the chicken stater crumbles by pecking it's beak in that also. We were hoping it was only stunned from the accident. It also has been pasting up and we have been cleaning it up. It is also under a heat lamp at 95 degrees in a large brooder box we made. Can anyone give me any ideas to help it survive.

Ok,you are doing very good job!first,you said she won't eat or drink?well,try giving her some scrambled egg,keep her warm,keep trying to get her to drink

Thank you. She passed away a hour or so ago. She drank but, would never eat. We tried and she tried but, it just wasn't meant to be. Thank you again

Thank you. She passed away a hour or so ago. She drank but, would never eat. We tried and she tried but, it just wasn't meant to be. Thank you again

Your very welcome,I'm so sorry she passed,at least she new she was loved once,that's all that counts :)

Back
Top Bottom