Need help with baby deer, strange lumps on behind, ackward situation.

Quote:
Well it being a HE ,was best it was shot.....before it grew antlers and kill a person or small child........Cute little bucky become a killer during the rut.

Like to ad a warning , before this spring , if anyone finds a fawn leave it alone....they have no scent , so the doe will not bed near them, but be near by. Fawn under 3 days will lay there, let you pick them up, taken them nothing but death for most...early or later.

Quote:
Yes it is sad, it didn't say if they were buck or doe.........Trouble most people don't know the danger of a imprint buck, my friend has the biggest pet buck he will let anyone pet him, even as his huge rack is growing in, but even my friend , had him try to attack during the rut,lucky he was on the outside of the fence.

Ticks leave a red raised welt when you pull them off. It turns into a bump that is whitish and is like a little tumor under the skin. I think its just scar tissue from the reaction. I find, on my dogs, that the scars stay and dont grow hair again.
I would put a preventic collar on it and also treat it with frontline or the like....Deer get the ticks that have fallen off of mice...the mice give the ticks lyme disease...
Check yourselves often and use preventative measures...even DEET...especially if you are keeping a deer as a pet.
Id be careful in general...around here we all have had lyme disease and if you dont catch it early, it can become a chronic debilitating illness!
I wouldnt worry bout the bumps unless they seem infected.
Put some neosporin on em and see what happens.

Quote:
A wildlife rehab center would likely report her, and destroy the deer...at least here they would...and give her a hefty fine.

She's a local star. Everyone knows about the deer on midway
smile.png
even the game warden came to pet her
smile.png
termanex guy swooned over her, The animal control guy ( who told my 70year old grandma not to cock an attitude
somad.gif
) pretened not to love her but I caught him playing with her in the back yard.

Did you post this on BYC's sister site "backyard Herds"? People who deal with larger animals regularly might be able to help to you in solving this mystery.

Quote:
A wildlife rehab center would likely report her, and destroy the deer...at least here they would...and give her a hefty fine.

She's a local star. Everyone knows about the deer on midway
smile.png
even the game warden came to pet her
smile.png
termanex guy swooned over her, The animal control guy ( who told my 70year old grandma not to cock an attitude
somad.gif
) pretened not to love her but I caught him playing with her in the back yard.

thumbsup.gif
that great and with it being a doe not much danger or her hurting anyone unless someone picks up her fawn, and they give out a warning....mommy will protect those babies....
wee.gif

Glad she is safe.

14880_deer_007.jpg

This doe comes to my yard all the time, her and her babies last 3 years, she is wild , but semi-tame.. I can walk in the yard with her, few yards from her.....(50 yrds)

deer030.jpg
deer032.jpg

Last edited:
beautiful photos! we don't get too many deer in our yard. too many coyotes, i think
hmm.png
and yes i think it must be the tick heads stuck inside the bleeding lumps. something similar happened to my cat last summer.

The lumps where there before I pulled the ticks out though. How could the heads be stuck if all of them where still alive and had their mouth-parts?

Back
Top Bottom