Need help!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jsross525, Nov 18, 2016.

1. jsross525

jsross525 New Egg

Nov 18, 2016
    Okay, I have a duck that got stuck on a kiddie pool for a few hours and got hypothermia about 3 months ago. She was limping with weak legs, now her legs are turned up and she is walking on her knees! WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP FOR THIS POOR BABY?

2. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Are you sure it is or was hypothermia? Almost sounds to me like some sort of nutritional problem or injury. But then again I don't know that much about ducks so I'll let someone else answer. I hope you can help her!

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Welcome to BYC. That sounds like a vitamin deficiency. I would start her on poultry vitamins in her water that contain B vitamins including riboflavin and niacin. You can give something directly by mouth or in a small amount of food like Poultry Cell, or use a powdered supplement for water. Note the NutriDrench does not contain riboflavin. Chopped beef liver contains most B vitamins. Also post on the duck thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by