Need Kitten Experts, Please? Can I use Hemorrhoidal wipes on painful swollen kitten butt?

Canned pumpkin (plain pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling) can definitely add fiber to the stool, but in this case I would hold off. This is a kitten who has only been getting appropriate food for a few weeks, and only had one abnormal stool - adding anything new to the diet might throw things off further. I'd wait and see.
You’re probably much more experienced than me and you mentioned you’re in the veterinary field so I suggest that the OP would listen to you. That makes sense. I think if it is still having issues down the road then yeah it might help then but it’s probably best to hold off for now like you said since it’s only one abnormal stool (sorry I didn’t see that detail :oops:). That was my only experience with kitten bowel issues. I foster animals (mainly kittens) on a regular basis but don’t have any veterinary experience.

Good luck with your kitten @MysteryChicken I hope all is well!
@lysmandor is giving you very good advice.
It is very kind of you and your family to take on this little kitten. :hugs

Canned pumpkin (plain pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling) can definitely add fiber to the stool, but in this case I would hold off. This is a kitten who has only been getting appropriate food for a few weeks, and only had one abnormal stool - adding anything new to the diet might throw things off further. I'd wait and see.
We were using pain pumpkin puree.

Okay, good to know.

We were using pain pumpkin puree.

Okay, good to know.
That should be fine. I used one from the vet that they have at tsc. I think the one I used had vitamins in it. It is only 4.99 a can which was the cheapest place I found.

Attachments

• 52D2724B-FBAE-4D2C-8EEE-9126B68ED9D9.png
    52D2724B-FBAE-4D2C-8EEE-9126B68ED9D9.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
I know she has worms, it's a common problem in kittens. I'll be ordering a dewormer next month, since I can't afford it this month.

The Hemorrhoidal wipes I have are 50% witch hazel.

We can call the vet for advice at most at this point though.
Jesus christ...get rid of the worms before they kill her.

Back
Top Bottom