Need Kitten Experts, Please? Can I use Hemorrhoidal wipes on painful swollen kitten butt?

Pics
Yeah i think it is pretty much plain pumpkin with a few vitamins put in. We used plain pumpkin at first and it worked just the same. :confused:
We've always just recc plain pumpkin puree - easier to get and works the same!

(Though if an animal is seriously having issues there are supplements that are much better at adding fiber - esp for bigger animals like dogs, you actually have to feed something like a whole can of pumpkin to significantly increase the volume of fiber in the food, and then you're adding a lot of sugar/calories as well. For long term use (if your vet is specifically recc a high fiber diet for some reason), there are specially formulated diets or... metamucil.)

I have been through patches of my life where $6 was not easy to come by after my bills were paid.
I'm aware, I've been in the same situation. Just simply stating that theres one for 6 dollars, instead of the 15-30 that I have seen. (plus it worked- for me, at least)

I know she has worms, it's a common problem in kittens. I'll be ordering a dewormer next month, since I can't afford it this month.

The Hemorrhoidal wipes I have are 50% witch hazel.

We can call the vet for advice at most at this point though.
Worms aren't a common problem with kittens unless you're not keeping them properly. I've had cats for 40 years, and I've had a lot of them. I've had cats/kittens with worms once.

Call the vet. Make an appointment. In the meantime, use cool water and a soft cloth to keep her clean. What did the stool look like?

At six weeks old, she should be fine on wet and dry kitten food. She shouldn't need any special formula.

A basic petroleum jelly might help her. Try to get plain with no additives or scents. I hope it does.

Get rid of the worms ASAP. If you have other animals around with worms, get them dewormed too. Make sure you don't just get some medicine without knowing what kind of worms she has.

Let us know if she has a normal bowel movement and we can hope it was a one time thing.

I'm aware, I've been in the same situation. Just simply stating that theres one for 6 dollars, instead of the 15-30 that I have seen. (plus it worked- for me, at least)
that's cool, I did not mean to sound aggressive on that. I just know that some people posting are not aware that there are people who have very little means and still they try to house what would be homeless cats.

That should be fine. I used one from the vet that they have at tsc. I think the one I used had vitamins in it. It is only 4.99 a can which was the cheapest place I found.
They don't have that at my TSC either.

I did notice my phone put pain instead of plain:lol:.

Back
Top Bottom