Need Kitten Experts, Please? Can I use Hemorrhoidal wipes on painful swollen kitten butt?

Pics
I found something online that said that witch hazel can be toxic to dogs, so using it topically can be a problem if the dog were to lick it off.

The same thing could possibly be true of the kitten, I would think. (I couldn't find info. on witch hazel and kittens.)

I also feel like, as a person who's had lots of cats and kittens over my lifetime, that I would doubt the kittens issue is something that a hemorrhoid wipe would help. Witch hazel is an anti-inflammatory, yes, but the key to getting the kitten to feel better is to figure out what is inflaming that area. Worms? Bad diarrhea? Some sort of birth-defect-related issue?

I hope the kitten feels better soon -- I agree with others that something like A&D ointment or aloe might be a temporary fix.
I have Petroleum Jelly, & she'll be getting dewormed soon.

I found something online that said that witch hazel can be toxic to dogs, so using it topically can be a problem if the dog were to lick it off.

The same thing could possibly be true of the kitten, I would think. (I couldn't find info. on witch hazel and kittens.)

I also feel like, as a person who's had lots of cats and kittens over my lifetime, that I would doubt the kittens issue is something that a hemorrhoid wipe would help. Witch hazel is an anti-inflammatory, yes, but the key to getting the kitten to feel better is to figure out what is inflaming that area. Worms? Bad diarrhea? Some sort of birth-defect-related issue?

I hope the kitten feels better soon -- I agree with others that something like A&D ointment or aloe might be a temporary fix.
Okay, I just did a search on witch hazel, & cats, & it says not to use it on cats because cats have delicate skin, & it may poison them if they licked it off.

Back
Top Bottom