Need Kitten Experts, Please? Can I use Hemorrhoidal wipes on painful swollen kitten butt?

We have always given puppies and kittens the same amount/concentration. So if that bottle says 5ml per 10lbs, that’s 0.5 ml per 1 lb. The vet concentration is 50mg/ml and would give a 2lb kitten 0.2ml, so that’s like 10mgs? So the stuff you got is 4.54mg/ml so 10mgs would be 2.2 ml. So yeah, Casportpony is right 😁 Sorry I had to figure it out for myself to visualize it.

If it makes you feel better, I had one vet say that the only way to kill a pet with pyrantel is to drown it in the stuff. Obviously an exaggeration, but just to illustrate safety. Just to mention, after giving you might see worms in her stool! Supposedly human kids might get a rumbly tummy, but I’ve not noticed this with cats or dogs.

We have always given puppies and kittens the same amount/concentration. So if that bottle says 5ml per 10lbs, that’s 0.5 ml per 1 lb. The vet concentration is 50mg/ml and would give a 2lb kitten 0.2ml, so that’s like 10mgs? So the stuff you got is 4.54mg/ml so 10mgs would be 2.2 ml. So yeah, Casportpony is right 😁 Sorry I had to figure it out for myself to visualize it.

If it makes you feel better, I had one vet say that the only way to kill a pet with pyrantel is to drown it in the stuff. Obviously an exaggeration, but just to illustrate safety. Just to mention, after giving you might see worms in her stool! Supposedly human kids might get a rumbly tummy, but I’ve not noticed this with cats or dogs.
Okay, nice to know, thanks.

Agreed - we dosed at 1ml of 50mg/ml per 10 lbs at vet hospitals I worked at as well. That comes out to 2.2ml of the concentration you bought (as @ladybrasa said above). We also would recc repeating a dose in 2 weeks.

Again as everyone else said, pyrantel is VERY hard to overdose. Since you're pretty sure she has a worm problem, I would round up to 2.5ml (esp if she's wiggly and you might not get it all in her mouth).

Agreed - we dosed at 1ml of 50mg/ml per 10 lbs at vet hospitals I worked at as well. That comes out to 2.2ml of the concentration you bought (as @ladybrasa said above). We also would recc repeating a dose in 2 weeks.

Again as everyone else said, pyrantel is VERY hard to overdose. Since you're pretty sure she has a worm problem, I would round up to 2.5ml (esp if she's wiggly and you might not get it all in her mouth).
Can I mix it in her food? She's a big foodie.

Back
Top Bottom