Need opinions on this feeder and waterer from Royal Rooster

kwm6620

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2015
Mississippi
I found this cool feeder and waterer on Pinterest and really like the design. I've seen a lot of homemade feeders out there but the ones that have some type of weather protection are above my skill level. I like the design of this waterer and I like the grid and rain protector on the feeder. I think the grid is designed to keep out rodents and help with wasted food. My coop will be a large 10x10 dog kennel with tarps to protect from the elements so I'm concerned about keeping their feed nice and dry (chicks are 3 weeks old and still inside). It's quite pricey at $75 for the pair and unfortunately they are located in Australia and shipping will hit me for another $50.

Couldn't figure out how to attach a picture but here's the link: http://www.royalrooster.com.au/drin...eders/drinker-feeder-set-with-rain-cover.html

Thoughts? Ideas? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Additional info: I just noticed that the feeder said for "up to 4 chickens". I plan on (emphasis PLAN ON!) having only 5 (currently have 9 little chicks but 4 are going to another home). I'm quite green on chicken behavior so would this cause issues around the dinner table if it's occasionally a little crowded?

Back
Top Bottom