Need Prayers

Moodene

Songster
13 Years
Jan 15, 2007
Devers, Texas
For the next 6- 9 months or so, My son is going to Iraq. He is in the US Army band. The band members are going over there to the green zone of Iraq to play for the troops since the morale among the troops is low since some could not come home for holidays or will not come home for awhile. My son and the band will be playing at other areas but I cannot say since I dont know due to security of the locations. But I will beable to talk to him thru webcam computer..This band will not be in any combat zones at all..
So this weekend my hubby and I are going to visit him for few hours..January 17th will be the sendoff day for the band and they will have noone to play for them as they board the plane. This band is stationed in Ft.Hood, Killeen, Texas and this Army band plays for anybody and everybody who comes and goes that is important enough for the band to play for them. My son's name is SSgt. Jonathan Andrew Milburn.
So we parants,relatives,friends and other people are giving them a sendoff time party on January 16th before they leave for Iraq wee hours of the morning..to let them know how much we really loved them for what they are doing for the troops..
Thanks so much for your prayers..
Nadine Milburn

You've got it, Nadine. I hope it turns out to be a great experience for him. Make sure and send with him a digital camera and a lot of batteries!!!
Hugs
Christina
PS-My son's name is Jonathan, too! Good choice, Mommy!
wink.png

I' m sending prayers your way...for your son's safety, and peace for your family.
My husband served, my brother served, and so many others I know are still serving. May the Lord bless your son for this choice of helping the troops spirits. They can get pretty low.
smile.png

Thank you..I am an Army mom and an Air Force mom as well..my daughter and her hubby are in the US Air Force. My son in law served about 9 mons in Iraq until the convey he was in was ambushed but only 2 out of 6 guys in his truck survived..my son in law and the driver..They were the only truck that got hit..but he is back home and doing well since May..

Prayers and
hugs.gif
coming his and their way.......could we not send them a card with a message on ......PM me an addy and I will gladly send one from the UK.......

Nadine, Added him to my prayer list, along with all our troops serving over there. Added the families to it as well. I remember what my parents went through when two of my brothers, myself and my brother-in-law served during Viet Nam. We all came home safely, thank God.

God Bless our troops, may He bring them home safely and give peace to their families.

Absolutely!

God wrap Your mighty pinions about these servants. Thank You for blessing our country as You have. Give peace to this family and so many who have sons and daughters defending peace and justice. I ask, believing that You are already going before. Amen.

Thank you God, for Jonathon. Make Your face to shine upon him and give him peace.

Back
Top Bottom