Need roof over 4x5 run

I can install that when I do the vent.
I would love help with that roof! We're going to skip the vent for now though. The gable vents we put in seem to be doing a great job. I'm also still going to put up the plastic deflectors to send window and air vent air to the ceiling. If it needs it, there's a small fan that can go in one gable to blow air out.
Well, off to GA - leaving at 3 am🥱 back in ten days. (Two daughters and 8 grandkids live there. The others are mostly here and 6 more grandkids.)
Thanks for helping us figure stuff out!

Whoopsee!! We made a mistake and hubby put the screws in the valley without thinking cause of the way the wavy plastic doohickeys were designed made it look like that was the home for a screw.
Bummer. I’m thinking we will glob silicone around each screw or see if I can find rubber washers that would keep water from wanting to go in there.
Real rookie mistake. He is usually brilliant about such things but I guess our age is showing. Sigh.

Whoopsee!! We made a mistake and hubby put the screws in the valley without thinking cause of the way the wavy plastic doohickeys were designed made it look like that was the home for a screw.
Bummer. I’m thinking we will glob silicone around each screw or see if I can find rubber washers that would keep water from wanting to go in there.
Real rookie mistake. He is usually brilliant about such things but I guess our age is showing. Sigh.
fwiw mine is screwed down in the valleys of the corrugated plastic and i haven’t had any issues with leaks.

silicon definitely won’t hurt, but i’d imagine it’s overkill.

We talked a bit about this when I was there. Adding two ripped down 2x6s to the longer sides with 3 or 4 1x2 purlins and polycarbonate roofing with about 6 in overhang at the sides and the end the handles are on will help immensely. Yes, it will add some weight but tarps are just going to leak.
Having trouble picturing this. Is it a flat roof? Any way you could copy the second pic and draw the lines for the 2x6’s and the purlins?😁 How will it stop water from going to drop hole? I agree a tarp can’t be a long term solution. And what you propose would be pretty light. I just wonder in our wind up here if it would get ripped off vs a peaked configuration.

What if you added more wheels?
Two-wheel wheelbarrow design is a lot harder to move in lumpy terrain than a 4–6-wheel, self-supporting design.
Big wheels are also much better than small wheels, so I'm not saying to add little tricycle tires 😆
Def a possibility for future. Would have to find some that crank down, like the two that are on it? .🤔 wonder if anyone here has added serious wheels.

Back
Top Bottom