Need someone who can read barred head spots like tea leaves- Cream Legbar x Dominque chicks

Two have rose combs, two have single. I wonder if that will be linked to gender. Hm.

I've been curious about this, so I took some more photos and tried to match them up with the original numbers from the first post.
Here's a repost of the Day-old photo, where #2 and #4 were identified as probable males
Dom-Bar_chicks_numbered.png

No guarantees, but I think I got them matched up

Here are the single combs (boys?) at 4 days old

#2 He is developing lots of white down splotches on his back, similar to the only other one of this cross I've hatched previously (the other one turned out to be a boy), and has bright orange feet & legs with no hint of gray. I'm convinced this little guy is a boy.
chick02_4days_1.jpg chick02_4days_2.jpg

#4. Still think this one is a boy? I'm not so sure.
chick04_4days_2.jpg chick04_4days_5.jpg

Here are the two rose combs (girls?)

#1. An awfully bright spot on the head, although it's pretty large for a girl. It's possible I got this one mixed up with #4. Does this one still look like a girl?
chick01_4days_1.jpg chick01_4days_3.jpg

#3. Least amount of white on head & acts like a girl.
chick03_4days_4.jpg chick03_4days_6.jpg

Attachments

• chick02_4days_5.jpg
    chick02_4days_5.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 3
The babies are just over 2 weeks old now, and chick #2 who developed the white splotches on his back right away still seems like a cockerel. The other 3 are developing almost identical feathering on their backs, mostly black with very little barring so far. I'm hoping for 3 pullets :fl

Here's the one who seems most likely to be cockerel/double-barred...
Dom-Bar-Cockerel_16days.png

And the 3 who I'm thinking/hoping are pullets
Dom-Bar-Pullets_16days.png

The babies are just over 2 weeks old now, and chick #2 who developed the white splotches on his back right away still seems like a cockerel. The other 3 are developing almost identical feathering on their backs, mostly black with very little barring so far. I'm hoping for 3 pullets :fl

View attachment 2452184

View attachment 2452185
I agree.

View attachment 2452184

View attachment 2452185
Looks like you've got them right so far.

View attachment 2452184

View attachment 2452185
Your guesses seem to be right so far.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom