neighbor's pest (rooster)

panner123

Songster
13 Years
Jan 15, 2007
Garden Valley, ca
My neighbor HAD a rooster that would fly over my fence and fight with my roosters. Well, my seven year old grand daughter took care of him. He came over the fence and attacked her pet rooster, a white frizzle. Hannah was right there and grabbed it by the neck to protect danny. She swung it around a couple of times not realizing she killed it until it was to late. Then she came to me asking for a knive, which she does from time to time. Not knowing what she did, I gave her an old butter knive, to which she said, I can't cut his head off with that old thing. Her older brother was there laughing his head off, then he told me what she did. Well, that roo went into the pot and I hope the neighbor never finds out what happened to him. We won't have to worry about that roo fighting any more, he was a real pain in the bottom. Not all predators and pest are wild critters, dogs or cats.

brave girl! Hope the soup is tastey!
wink.png

Let me see if I understand what you said.
Your neighbor has a chicken that flys into your yard and fight with your roosters.
Your Granddaughter has a Rooster she loves. (Apparently she know how to take care of chickens)
In an effort to save her rooster this little child took the trespassing roo grabbed it by its neck and shook it so hard she broke its neck, but didn't know that would hurt the roo.
Your grandson thinks killing an animal that belongs to someone else is funny.
She attempted to butcher the roo, but can't be trusted with a sharp knife
You butchered the roo and ate it.
You don't have the intestinal fortitude to tell your neighbor what happened, so he can see how serious you are about his chickens coming into your yard, and allow him the opportunity to clean up his act.

duc.gif
. I don't want to get in trouble for using profanity or calling people names.

Bob

PS. Just so you understand I am not criticizing your granddaughter. At that moment she was protecting what she loved.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom