Never in 43 years!!! Amazed!!!

I would leave her be. And I think she will get them down just fine. They really won't do a free fall. While not 40 feet, mine get out of nests just fine. And healthy chicks are pretty sturdy.

It is amazing to me, when watching this, I realize, that while in my run, my chickens get up on stuff, I really have never seen them get up on anything while out and about.

Do report back.

Mrs K

Might she get them down the same way she got the eggs up? My hens roost in the apple trees which aren’t quite so high mine didn’t hatch her eggs that high up but she brought them into a 3 foot tall barrel and was able to get the eggs in and the chicks out?

I don’t know exactly how I assume just by jumping? And I guess she got the eggs in there under her wing? Could she bounce from branch to branch most of the way?
It was the egg fairy you silly..

And here I am contemplating whether my chicken could fly over our 6 feet tall fence into neighbor’s yard… I guess they do fly high huh. (First time owner here).
Watch her. She goes up in short increments. Chickens can’t fly very high. Mine use a lower step to get on their 5-6’ roost.

Back
Top Bottom