New Brahma Group: Blue Partridge x Partridge, Plus Dark

Pics
Day 20 coming to a close soon for Brandy. Five of the six are in the air cells, cheeping their heads off, though I cannot see pips yet. The sixth is a Barred Rock egg belonging to Athena. It's full of chick, for sure, but no idea if it's still alive.

jumpy.gif
Come on babies!
When we locked up for the night, nothing new from the eggs. Will have to check in the morning. I hope she is as good with her chicks as Bonnie is.

DH checked on Brandy, said she is being super sweet, let him look under her and touch her eggs/chicks. She has two out that he can see, he thinks Barred Rocks because they were so dark. He removed the shells he could feel. It's still not daylight yet. Will see about her when the sun comes up.

ETA, 10 a.m.

She has three hatched, 2 BR, 1 Brahma and 2 eggs pipped. I could swear I saw a girly BR head spot on one, but will have to check later. The last egg is not even in the air cell, belonging to Athena, same as the one Bonnie had that did not hatch, but one of the chicks already hatched does belong to Athena, so one of each again, from the BR half sisters. Seems I should have three Brahmas from this batch if the two pipped continue and get out okay.

Last edited:
HATCH UPDATE:

Brandy now has two Barred Rocks and two Brahmas hatched, plus one Brahma pipped. The sixth egg, a Barred Rock, may be a no-show, still not in the air cell, not showing movement. But, it appears that Brandy will have five chicks, if the last Brahma makes it out of the egg in a bit.

wee.gif

The 5th chick is probably already out now, but here are the others. One Brahma is much darker than the first one that hatched, I noticed. Plus, Bash, Betsy, Bailey and B.J.

Brandy is a happy mama! She is doing great.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom