New Brahma Group: Blue Partridge x Partridge, Plus Dark

Pics
That last BR egg was expired. I left it under her overnight, just in case, but nothing from it on Day 22, so we tossed it.

Brandy has two darker Brahma chicks, one lighter one and what appears to be a Barred Rock pair, but the jury is still out on that until later. One is pretty easy to call as a pullet, though, with a good bit of dark leg wash.

What a sweet face she has, very gentle eye
She is a doll, Miss Brandy. Bonnie is a bit more feisty with me, was all through the process, but Brandy is letting me co-parent. I am uploading a 7+ minute video that has a close up of the babies running around the cage with her, though the topic is something else, but can't have a better background than a broody mama taking care of her chicks! Better than my ugly mug!

roll.png
Oh give me a break

tongue.png

In preparation for trying to get the broodies in the same coop, we put Brandy's cage with her new family in the small coop with Bonnie and her three. After a day or two of them seeing each other, hopefully, it will be warmer in the afternoon and we can try to let them out together. They haven't been fighting at the cage bars so maybe it will work. I just didn't want them sparring and the chicks being hurt in the melee.

BABY PICS! Both moms went outside today and got a dustbath. One of Brandy's kids, the largest, roundest Brahma chick, decided that looked fun and got his/her first dustbath today at a week old.

Bonnie's 2 week old chicks

Brandy's Fearsome Five at one week old.

Back
Top Bottom