New BYC Auction System - Want To Buy A Chicken (Just A Test)

Yes, all BST listings will be required to use this new system once it is released.

Oh my, I thought the auction feature was going to be 'in addition' to the regular bst.

This is exciting!. My bid on your test chicken was the first time I ever bid on an auction --- ever.
smile.png

Lisa​

I have another question.
hide.gif

EXAMPLE: If the current bid is $10.00
And I bid $15.00 ... I see it goes immediately to the $15.00, instead of going up by only 25 cents (like EBay) if there are no other higher offers.

Does that make sence, how I am explaining?

Yup, that's called "second price auctions"

Keep in mind that's what we are currently doing with auctions here... posting how much you are willing to pay and not the way ebay does it where you put in your "max" offer and the system automatically goes back and forth.

You bid what you are willing to pay.
smile.png

Quote:
OK, now I understand. So, in addition to that, it appears the bids must be exactly on the 25 cent mark? (Increase by EXACTLY $0.25, $0.50, $0.75, $1.00, $1.25, $1.50, etc). I have tried a few more times, and it will not accept anything except quarters. I wonder how that earlier bid was able to. Is it a glich on my end?

Just got my out bid pm...seems to be working great.....
Send all roos to Ranchie...and silkies
hide.gif

Yes, all BST listings will be required to use this new system once it is released.

Oh my, I thought the auction feature was going to be 'in addition' to the regular bst.

Will the sellers be charged a fee, to use this auction service?​

Back
Top Bottom