You've got some beautiful birds there! We're new to chickens this year too, we've wanted to get started for a long time and being home with the kids during Covid has given us that opportunity (silver linings, right?). Welcome!
Lurking usually leads to joining, happened to pretty much all of us!Oh dang, I forgot to do this properly apparently.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes. We received our first mixed flock of 4 in early April of this year.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 4
(3) What breeds do you have? Buff Orpington, Buff Brahma, RIR and a Cuckoo Marans
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Their personalities and watching my kids interact with them!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Reading, being crafty in all things and gardening.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. 3 kids-11,7,6, 4 cats, 3 fish. I'm a classically trained photographer with an MFA. I am currently mostly shooting 35mm film and some medium format. I shoot landscapes and also document my family life. I also sell vintage housewares online.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I found BYC when I was constantly searching for answers about chickens before and after we made our decision to get a flock this spring! I finally joined because I was lurking so much!