Oh dang, I forgot to do this properly apparently.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes. We received our first mixed flock of 4 in early April of this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 4

(3) What breeds do you have? Buff Orpington, Buff Brahma, RIR and a Cuckoo Marans

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Their personalities and watching my kids interact with them!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Reading, being crafty in all things and gardening.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. 3 kids-11,7,6, 4 cats, 3 fish. I'm a classically trained photographer with an MFA. I am currently mostly shooting 35mm film and some medium format. I shoot landscapes and also document my family life. I also sell vintage housewares online.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I found BYC when I was constantly searching for answers about chickens before and after we made our decision to get a flock this spring! I finally joined because I was lurking so much!

Oh dang, I forgot to do this properly apparently.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes. We received our first mixed flock of 4 in early April of this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 4

(3) What breeds do you have? Buff Orpington, Buff Brahma, RIR and a Cuckoo Marans

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Their personalities and watching my kids interact with them!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Reading, being crafty in all things and gardening.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. 3 kids-11,7,6, 4 cats, 3 fish. I'm a classically trained photographer with an MFA. I am currently mostly shooting 35mm film and some medium format. I shoot landscapes and also document my family life. I also sell vintage housewares online.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I found BYC when I was constantly searching for answers about chickens before and after we made our decision to get a flock this spring! I finally joined because I was lurking so much!
Lurking usually leads to joining, happened to pretty much all of us! :lol:

Just an update-Brownie the hen from our mixed random brown egg layer lot turned out to be a Buckeye! I was 90% sure but she def has a pea comb and fits the body type. She is a rather weird chicken who has always had a head shake, but I think it is just who she is. I thought she was a RIR so the downside of my rare bird is that I'll have to wait a bit longer for eggs! I do know that she is a super strong chicken, and she hates to be held but otherwise is very friendly.

Attachments

• IMG-5883.jpg
    IMG-5883.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom