New chicks coming Saturday, and an incubator started up.

LReardon

Chirping
May 25, 2017
Conklin, NY
I put a few eggs under my broody duck recently; she's a Buff. Since she isn't laying and appears determined, I thought I'd try it with some chicken eggs. So far, she rolled two out and is sticking right to her nest with the rest and appears ready to finish this out. I'm hoping for the best. I also put 27 in a new incubator yesterday and hoping for success as I've never done this. I'm excited!

Day 7 of my science experiment with hatching my own eggs. So far I have 26 eggs in there. One may be unfertilized, the rest appear to all have various development when I candle them....veins, embryo movement, a visible dark eye, and air sac development. So cool.
None under my duck were good
Incubator is apparently doing its job. Some will be full Double Silver Laced Barnies, the rest are Barnie rooster with Barred Rock, White Rock, and RIR!

No ma'am. Three days before hatch two clearly smelled and I couldn't see into them at all. No air sac evident even. I put the last one in the incubator and it exploded on day 21 . The ones I set in the incubator all appear to be developing save one...it looks clear so far. Day 8.

Yep, air cells marked, neurotic about checking everything! Lots of little blobs with a dark spot....veins visible on many. Some are darker and hard to see veins.

Back
Top Bottom