New duck house

FNF

Chirping
Jul 2, 2023
I have a duck house with a small run attached (3 runners). I have to crouch, it has ramps, it’s not great. So we are putting in a new and improved duck house with a big enclosed run (including a human size door) within our large duck yard. My question is what, if anything, do you use as litter in the house (currently using pine shavings in the house) and run? In the current run it’s grass but they use their bills to make holes in wet grass as they forage so the current run is a mess. Wondering if I can do anything in the new one or if it’s hopeless. 🤣. They don’t spend a lot of time locked in the run but if they need to be semi locked up if we’re out during an evening they may. Otherwise they have access to a big area and the run is just shelter.

my duck house has a painted wood floor and i use thick pine shavings over it. they have a large yard area that’s mostly dirt but i also have laid down several outdoor Recycled green soda bottle carpets in areas that get muddy. They also have an old small coop with a run in which I made the floor with paver stones and also added thick pine shavings. The pine flakes from TSC are pretty good, but you have to feel through them for a hard sharp pieces, I recently found a place near me that sells eco-flakes which are really nice pine flakes that are lighter fluffier and softer.

Attachments

• 82CF0EAF-69B6-4F69-B889-C5AF3A25A2B8.jpeg
    82CF0EAF-69B6-4F69-B889-C5AF3A25A2B8.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom