Hello everyone! So.. long story short a friend of mine got a duck while living in a dorm and her RA obviously told her to get rid of it. I'm known as an animal lover, and she asked me to take her until summer break. So I just have a few basic questions I could really use the communities help with.

- How do I identify my ducks age? I’ll attach a picture if possible.
- Since she is alone ( more ducks are NOT an option!! ) are there things I can do to keep her from getting bored? I go to school 7 hours a day and she’s in a different room while I sleep, so she’s alone a lot.
- She chews on EVERYTHING! Well, pecks is a better word haha. Are there things I can give for her to SAFELY peck at ? It seems to keep her entertained.

That’s all for now! If anyone can think of some basic tips for me I would really appreciate it :) this community has been immensely helpful. Thank you all for your knowledge.

*** EDIT**
OKAY yes after talking with some helpful users, I will make every effort to talk my friend in to rehoming this duck somewhere where she won’t be lonely and will be well taken care of. Consider me doing all I can, and unless you know of a location I can take a duck in Ohio, I’ll have to figure it out. IN THE MEAN TIME, because that can’t happen overnight, I could really use help for the above questions
the duck has been rehomed! i visited a farm in the area. the lady who owns it rescues farm animals!! she happily took the duck, she has 2 that are about a week older than mine. so happy to see this duck go to a home it will live a long, happy and healthy life at. thanks everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom